Advertising links

On two occasions now I have found adware on my computer that makes links from key words on my blog posts. When I discover them I remove them. It's unfair for these companies to use my site to advertise their products which I neither get compensated for or even endorse. I do sometimes use links in my posts so for now at least if you see a single word link such as "book" or something similar don't click it.

Sunday 13 October 2013

Passing the Time

I got up bright and early this morning. Well, maybe not so bright but definitely early. The plan was to catch a timelapse of the sunrise with Mount Baker in it. I was partially successful as the sunrise looked pretty good but Baker was mostly obscured by fog and was small in the frame. I am going to have to revisit this deep into the winter.

So what does one do for two hours whilst patiently waiting for the the sun and camera to do their thing. Take pictures of course! This is another reason to have two cameras. I did take a few pictures but my fingers started to freeze so I pocketed the camera. Then I remembered I had gloves.
 
There are other things to occupy oneself waiting. You may attract attention to yourself just by standing at the side of the road with a camera on a tripod. A farmer stopped to ask what I was taking photos of. I debated explaining timelapse photography but I think he was just concerned I was spying on his farm. An early morning walker had a look. He leaned over to the viewfinder while I worried he was going to knock the tripod over. This train rumbled by. There is something satisfying about watching a train pass by. It makes sitting at a crossing bearable unless of course one is late for lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment